02/11/2013

So Maybe I’m An Option (But I’m A Great One)

So maybe I’m not the only one in your universe. In fact, I never was and I never will. Why am I not surprised? Once you said that you’ve always wanted to be an Astronaut. I can tell that you are obsessed with the stars. And if you’ve spend your whole life gazing at the starry night sky, then us girls are the stars; there are just too much of us for you to focus on seeing just one. You wouldn’t want to miss anything. Lord knows how vast the possibilities are!

Have you ever thought of owning all those stars under your very own name? Yes, of course. But we both know you are no longer that guy. Years have passed and you got older and life has made you a little wiser. One fateful day, you decided to raise your game up a little, which resulted in you becoming a lot closer to the idea of monogamy, far much closer than you have ever been your whole life. It was shocking to you as well that in just a couple of months you already owns the concept of faithfulness and commitment. Things are going really great, so great that it lets you down. Is this it? It doesn’t seem to have given you much reward like you have imagined in the first place. After a couple of months being “in love” there were only series of fighting, pushed reconciliation, and worst: it gives undesirable limits to your freedom.“Everyday is a round-trip from hell to heaven” You then wondered why hasn’t anyone that sells relationship ever mentioned this to you before.

This definitely isn’t what you want, so you asked for your money, and freedom, back. And you made it, you became an Astronout. You are now floating in space with billions of stars becoming more and more exposed to your eyes. Not an ounce of gravity exist to control you. You are completely free to see, feel, and name every single one of those stars all you want. You can’t help but to feel overwhelmed by the endless possibilities. The more you think of it, the more you realize that there is no end to what you can have. And as the amount of oxygen in your spacesuit decreases, you then also realize that there will never be enough o2 for you to float about space forever. In fact, there will never be enough life to experience everything that the universe has to offer.

So maybe I’m just that one insignificant floating rock in your night sky. I’m not that big, hot Sun that attracts all nine planets to faithfully gravitate around her for a million years. I wouldn’t want you to pick me because I’m that hot of a star either. I want you to pick me after a good thought and consideration, after a nice trip around this big old space, and came back. I want to be that star, the one you registered on your radar so you’ll always know how to find me again, and you will always find me again for I am your favorite star.

So go on and have a nice trip around space whilst I shine. In the end, it’s either I wait long enough until I blew up into million little pieces, or you travel far and long enough to spend all the oxygen in your spacesuit's tanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment